The Montgomery County Special Education Advisory Committee was formed in 1972. We recruit members who are persons with disabilities, parents of persons with disabilities, representatives from civic organizations, business or industry or any public agency concerned with the care of persons with disabilities.
The purpose of the Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) is to:
1. Advise the local school division of needs in the education of children with disabilities;
2. Participate in the development of priorities and strategies for meeting the identified needs of children with disabilities;
3. Submit periodic reports and recommendations regarding the education of children with disabilities to the division superintendent for transmission to the local school board;
4. Assist the local school division in interpreting plans to the community for meeting the special needs of children with disabilities for educational services;
5. Review the policies and procedures for the provision of special education and related services prior to submission to the local school board; and
6. Participate in the review of the local school division's annual plan.
View the 2016 - 2017 SEAC Brochure.
SEAC meetings are held quarterly or more often as necessary. The locations of the meetings will vary depending on the topic of discussion.
If you have any questions related to SEAC, please contact:
Special Education Office - (540) 382-5114